Tuesday, August 1

Tomatos

Some of my tomatos have blossom end rot. I have been reading up on it and apparently it is caused by lack of calcium in the fruit. Often because the plant grows so fast it can't get the calcium to the fruit. Generally it only affects the initial fruit. I am really sad because it really got my roma tomatos, which I was going to use to make a ton of salsa. Hopefully they pull out of it. Everything else in my garden is happy. I got a start from my grandpas rhubarb and is is growing like crazy, after it died. My basil is so beautiful. I really need to cut it and dry a bunch. Pretty soon here I am going to have more yellow pear tomatos than any two people really need. It is so much fun to start stuff by putting a seed in the ground and see how much fruit it will produce.

No comments: