Thursday, April 13

Spring is Here!

It is such a beautiful day today!! I think it is suppose to get up to around 70. This morning I planted two blueberry bushes and four strawberry plants. My neighbor told me that we can grow blueberries here and I was so excited. They are really pretty bushes. In my garden I also have two rhubarb plants, sugar snap peas, lettuce and horseraddish. I also have tomato plants, basil and tomotillo plants inside. It is so much fun to watch things grow, and even more fun to harvest them when the time is right!

I finished reading the Psalms today. I had never read through them all. I didn't really take them all that serious before, just thought of them as nice things to read when I needed a pick-me-up. They are packed with awesome things about God! Over and over the theme is that God is our rock and stronghold. I really needed to have that pounded into my mind (150 chapters will do that for you:)). I am so glad that I serve a God that I can rely on for my strength. I can run to Him when I am tired. He is the One that I can count on to always be there for me. He is always ready and willing to listen to me. He WANTS to know my thoughts. He WANTS me to draw near to Him. Can you believe it? The God of the universe, the One who created all things, even me, wants to know me on an intimate level. Now, that is happy!

No comments: